Share my story

Thursday, March 11, 2010

On The Move!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

We have decided to move out of the mansion as it is too far away from CHOP and over the next 3 weeks we are going to CHOP for radiotherapy everyday. We are going to be staying with a host family who live 20 mins from CHOP and she is a social worker there! I'm sure she can help me with Jamie!!!
We hope to then have our own place before the immunotherapy starts in April.

Tomorrow [Friday] Jamie has to be put under General Anaesthetic for a scan, ready for radiotherapy. I think they will be marking him up so he gets an ink tatoo which will stay with him. O'h well, if it means he is going to get better! We have to be there at 7.30am but that's ok as all of our body clocks are going a bit strange on us now!! By 9.00pm we are all in bed but awake at 6.00am. We are having the most sleep we have ever had since Jamie was diagnosed!!!

Off to the supermarket now, the food is fantastic here and cheap!! Fried Chicken last night with salad and rice - mmmmmmmm!!!!!

By the way, a little boy called Joshua Deller has been receiving treatment in New York, a slightly different form but antibody treatment nonetheless. If you read the updates on his site, (http://www.joshua-appeal.org/updates.php) it gives an insight into what is going to be happening with Jamie, including the radiotherapy.

Bye for now!!

1 comment:

Tom said...

John, Vicky, I am so happy for you all. When I found out you had gone I was over the moon. I just hope that over the next few months things improve with Jamie's behaviour although it can be expected with the limited contact he has had with other children in the last year. I hope that the treatment isn't too taxing for Jamie and that it is sucessful in every way. Stay safe my special friends and give Jamie and Poppy a big kiss from their Uncle Tom. All the best xx